What Are the Benefits and Uses of Sandalwood for Skin?
Sandalwood has been referred to as a plant with powerful healing properties for our body, especially for the healing of skin damage. What are the benefits of sandalwood for skin? It helps to fight against acne effectively and brings natural beauty to your skin. If you’ve got blemishes, pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, and acne, then sandalwood is one of the best solutions for any skin problem. The paste and oil of sandalwood also use in many medicines or for skin and beauty treatments. It is also used in other products like mouth fresheners, edibles, incense sticks, room fresheners, deodorants, perfumes, soaps, etc. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of sandalwood for skin and also how to make sandalwood oil at home?
What Are the Benefits of Sandalwood for Skin:
First, we will discuss the benefits of sandalwood for the skin. This natural ingredient is beneficial for everyone and doesn’t have any side effects on any kind of skin.
As you know the blemishes are often pretty stubborn but sandalwood is extremely effective in helping you to remove these stubborn spots and blemishes within the most natural way.
- You just need 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder, 1 tablespoon of turmeric, 1 teaspoon of milk, and a small tablet of camphor.
- Now mix all the ingredients and make a paste.
- Apply the paste and gently massage it onto the affected area and leave it on overnight.
- The next morning wash your face with cold water.
- If you perform this routine, it will help in removing blemishes and also relax your skin.
As the skin produces sebum and oil in excess quantities, dirt, impurities, and germs begin to damage your skin. This is often the main reason why pimples are formed. Sandalwood has antibacterial properties and it will help to fight and stop acne-causing bacteria, making your skin look flawless within the process.
- You just need 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder, 1 teaspoon of milk, and a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Mix all the ingredients and make a paste.
- Now apply the paste on your face and neck and leave it on for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes wash it off with cold water.
A suntan can get really troubling after sometimes. Sandalwood helps in reducing sunburn and in removing the suntan and due to its soothing properties.
- You just need 1 tablespoon sandalwood powder, 1 teaspoon of honey or milk.
- Mix all the ingredients and make a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on your skin and leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash it off with fresh water.
- For better results, repeat this process at least twice a week.
Wrinkles and Skin Aging:
Exposure to the sun, pollution, and dust can cause premature aging of the skin which is the reason behind wrinkles. Washing your face frequently with a good face wash can help remove the dirt particles but it also strips your face of all the essential oils, leading to skin problems.
- You just need 2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder,1 tablespoon of honey, and egg yolk.
- Mix all these ingredients and make a smooth paste.
- Now apply the paste to your neck and face, leave it on for at least an hour and wash it off with fresh water.
- Repeat this procedure regularly to improve your skin’s elasticity and to prevent the sagging of the skin.
Dry and flaky skin is often a serious explanation for frustration and itchiness. The oils present in sandalwood can assist you to cure these skin problems, leaving your skin soft, supple, and moisturized.
- Just take the sandal paste and apply it to your skin for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes wash your face with fresh water.
Sandalwood also contains cooling agents that can help in the treatment of the swelling.
- You just need sandalwood powder, turmeric, and lavender oil.
- Mix all the ingredients and make a paste.
- Now apply it to affected areas and leave it for 30 minutes and then wash it off with cold water
How to Make Sandalwood Oil at Home:
Sandalwood oil can assist you to get clean, bright, and flawless skin. It also helps to cure skin infections and prevents itching and skin aging. Sandalwood oil helps to get obviate inflammation, boost renal health, prevent spasms, keep your blood pressure under control. It is also used to assist in getting obviate body odor, drive stress and anxiety away, fight viral infections, and try to do more such amazing things.
Inhaling the aroma of sandalwood oil transmits certain signals to a neighborhood of the brain involving the control of emotions. Referred to as the visceral brain, this part of the brain also influences the systema nervosum to an extent. This will help in controlling the guts rate, stress levels, vital signs, breathing, and immune function.
Sandalwood oil is additionally a really good antiseptic agent, safe for both internal and external applications. If you consume the oil, it can help in healing internal wounds, ulcers, and infections. within the same way, it also can be externally applied to wounds, sores, boils, and pimples to stop them from becoming infectious.
This oil is particularly beneficial for growing children. It helps in soothing the digestive, circulatory and nervous systems while also enabling these systems to raised function consonant and with no abnormalities. It’s also effective in tackling the matter of body odor.
- You just need 8 grams of sandalwood powder, 1 cup of olive oil, a saucepan, muslin cloth, and a jar with a lid.
- First of all, heat up your oven to 200 degrees.
- Now take the saucepan and oil and sandal powder in it.
- Place the saucepan in the heated oven and leave it for 2 to 3 hours.
- After this strain the mixture into a jar using a muslin cloth. Store the oil in a cool place. Now your sandalwood oil is ready to use.
These days people have a lot of skin problems and the reason that is increasing in pollution. For the skin, we bring a natural ingredient that is very beneficial for the skin. It helps you to fight against different problems like acne, dark spots, dry skin, swelling, wrinkles, skin aging, and also increases your skin glow. Above in this article, we also mention the procedure to repair sandal oil at home. We hope you like this article on Fairy Mines, let us know your reviews in the comment section.